Recent SOTA Activations

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Mt. Davidson (W6/NC-423) SOTA Activation

On 04 October I activated this summit while on my lunch break. I met up with Elliot (K6EL) and did more talking then activating, which was great. I learned a lot from someone who has been very influential in the SOTA community. A great SOTA activation. 

Route: Pretty easy in San Francisco. I followed Elliot's directions from the SOTA website.

Cell Signal: Yes (Verizon), No issues with Digital signal.

Interference: It was very windy so this seemed to have an effect. 

Distance: Less then a mile round trip.

Trail Condition: Very Easy to follow trail all the way to the top.

EveryTrail Route: No tracks on this trip. To easy.

Setup: FT857d, MP1 SuperAntenna, 3 Counter poises at 1/4 wavelength, 12 ft telescoping whip on, 7.5 A/H SLAB.

Contacts:



Elliot showing me how its done on CW. Elliot's pack was definitely heavier then mine. Lots of toys in that bag. I this picture you can really see my SuperAntenna being bent over by the wind!


A nice view of San Francisco to the South East.


Looking towards Sutro Tower to the North East.



This was a great opportunity to meet Elliot and have a good activation in San Francisco. I look forward to many more activations after the healing.

Matt
KF7PXT

No comments:

Post a Comment